Arlington, VA, January 3, 2011 – The Reusable Packaging Association (RPA) has elected its 2011 Executive Committee and Board members. The new leadership includes several returning members as well as an expanded board to reflect the association’s growth. Formed in 1998, the RPA is the leading trade association dedicated to promoting the expansion and value of reusable packaging systems for greater supply chain efficiencies, increased environmental benefits and reduced costs.
The 2011 RPA Executive Committee will be led by Drew Merrill, Chairman of the Board. Mr. Merrill is Vice President of Business Development & Strategic Planning, Container and Pooling Solutions, Inc. Other Executive Committee members are: Mike Hatchman, RPA Vice Chairman, and Senior Vice President Business Development, IFCO Systems N.A., Inc.; John Frey, RPA Secretary/Treasurer, and President of Tosca Limited; Jon Kalin, RPA Immediate Past Chairman (ex officio) and Sales and Marketing Manager, Rehrig Pacific Company; and Jerry Welcome, RPA President and CEO (ex officio).
The Members of the 2011 RPA Board of Directors are:
• Phil Davis, Senior Perishables Supply Chain Manager, The Kroger Company
• Dave Harvey, Business Development – Director, IPL, Inc
• Robert Engle, President NA, Schoeller Arca Systems Inc., serving a second term
• Pat Kennedy, VP Marketing/Sales, The Kennedy Group
• Eric Frank, General Manager -RPC LLC, Georgia Pacific, serving a second term
• Norm Kukuk, Vice President, Product Management, Orbis Corporation
• Carl Glick, Senior Vice President of Operations, Polymer Logistics, US
• Rich Larson, National Accounts Manager, Buckhorn Inc.
• Rick Sasse, Director Custom Transport Packaging, Trienda LLC
•Lewis Taffer, Chief Marketing Officer, iGPS
• Robert Zachrich, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, The Fabri-Form Company, serving a second term
“We are very pleased that several board members were willing to serve again,” said Mr. Merrill, incoming Chair. “Their experience will provide continuity of senior level leadership that will complement the insights and ideas of new board members.”
In addition, the following board members have been selected to lead their respective committees in accomplishing the group’s goals and objectives in 2011:
• Membership Committee: co-chairs Phil Davis, Senior Perishables Supply Chain Manager, The Kroger Company; and Robert Zachrich, Vice President Sales & Marketing, Fabri-Form Company
• Communications Committee: Walt Tullis, Vice President Sales & Marketing – Americas, Schoeller Arca Systems, Inc.
• Education Committee: Bob Klimko, Director of Marketing, Orbis Corporation
• Industry Relations: Lane Pence, Director, Growth Strategy, CHEP USA
The Board of Directors is responsible for developing the strategic direction for the association and providing the leadership and business acumen to implement RPA’s Strategic Plan. The RPA committees are responsible for taking the policy initiatives adopted by the Board and developing and delivering programs and services that provide the membership and their customers real value during the coming year.
About the RPA
The Reusable Packaging Association is a collaborative effort between manufacturers, poolers, distributors, retailers and educators to promote the environmental, safety, and economic benefits of reusable packaging. The RPA serves as the collective voice of the industry and uses its knowledge of the members’ products and services to advance the adoption of reusable packaging and systems throughout the supply chain. The RPA is focused on promoting the expansion of reusables as the preferred packaging solution across supply chains in all industries. For more information, visit http://www.reusables.org or call (703) 224-8284.