Arlington, VA, January 8, 2010 – The Reusable Packaging Association (RPA) has elected its 2010 Executive Committee and Board members. The new Board members represent a broad and deep range of experience in the reusable packaging industry. Formed in 1998, the RPA is the leading trade association dedicated to promoting the expansion and value of reusable packaging systems for greater supply chain efficiencies, increased environmental benefits and reduced costs.
The 2010 RPA Executive Committee will be led by Jon Kalin, Chairman of the Board. Mr. Kalin is Sales and Marketing Manager for Rehrig Pacific. Other Executive Committee members are: Drew Merrill, Vice Chairman, and Vice President Business Development and Strategic Planning, Container and Pooling Solutions, Inc; and John Frey, Secretary/Treasurer, and President of Tosca Limited. Bob Klimko, Immediate Past Chairman and Director of Marketing, ORBIS Corporation; and Jerry Welcome, RPA President and CEO, will also serve as ex officio members of the Executive Committee and the Board.
The 2010 RPA Board Members are:
• Robert Zachrich, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, The Fabri-Form Company;
• Pete Budney, Vice President, Marketing, ORBIS Corporation;
• Phil Davis, Senior Perishables Supply Chain Manager, The Kroger Company;
• Chris MacGrory, Marketing Manager, Reusable Packaging, IPL Inc;
• Lewis Taffer, Chief Marketing Officer, iGPS;
• Tim Smith, Vice President Business Development, CHEP USA;
• Jim Vangelos, Chief Executive Officer, Polymer Logistics (US);
• Mike Hachtman, Senior Vice President of Business Development, IFCO Systems, N.A.;
• Eric Frank, General Manager, RPC LLC, Georgia Pacific; and
• Robert Engle, President, North America, Schoeller Arca Systems, Inc.
“The RPA has elected a very strong Board with tremendous experience and leadership,” said Mr. Kalin, incoming chair. “I am looking forward to working with the Board and our members to make the RPA an even stronger and more impactful force for accelerating the reuse of materials throughout the supply chain and across all industries.”
In addition, the following board members have been selected to lead their respective committees in accomplishing the group’s goals and objectives in 2010:
• Membership Committee: Robert Zachrich, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, the Fabri-Form Company;
• Communications Committee: Pete Budney, Vice President Marketing, ORBIS Corporation;
• Education Committee: Bob Klimko, Director of Marketing, ORBIS Corporation;
• Industry Development: Tim Debus, Director New Business Development, IFCO Systems N.A. Inc;
• Membership End-User Committee: Phil Davis, Senior Perishables Supply Chain Manager, The Kroger Company will co-chair with Lyle Schmitt, Manager, Worldwide Logistics Quality, John Deere Company.
The Board of Directors is responsible for developing the strategic directions for the association and providing the leadership and business acumen to implement RPA’s Strategic Plan. The RPA committees are responsible for taking the policy initiatives adopted by the Board and developing and delivering programs and services that provide the membership and their customers real value during the coming year.
Some of the RPA’s key projects slated for 2010 include:
• Developing guidelines for companies to avoid or minimize theft of reusable assets for material recovery.
• Evaluating and developing best practices to determine the viability of use of reusable packaging in less-than-truckload shipments.
• Developing a comprehensive database to determine the size of the reusable industry and gathering industry data that will enable the EPA to determine the environmental impacts of reusables used in its WARM model.
• Hosting the annual membership meeting during PACK EXPO in Chicago.
• Expanding the RPA membership.
About the RPA
The Reusable Packaging Association is collaborative effort between manufacturers, poolers, distributors, retailers and educators to promote the environmental, safety, and economic benefits of reusable packaging. The RPA serves as the collective voice of industry and uses its knowledge of the members’ products and services to advance the adoption of reusable packaging and systems throughout the supply chain. The RPA is focused on promoting the expansion of reusables as the preferred packaging solution across supply chains in all industries. For more information, visit http://www.choosereusables.org or call (703) 224-8284.
Media contact: Jerry Welcome
1100 N. Glebe Rd, Suite 1010
Arlington, VA 22201
Phone: 703-224-8284 Fax: 703-243-5612