Linden, VA, Jan 7, 2015 – A broad and experienced leadership team will guide the Reusable Packaging Association in 2015. Hillary Femal, Vice President Global Marketing, IFCO Systems, is the association’s first female chairperson in its 16-year history. She is joined by representatives of 20 additional companies, including four new members. The group will focus on creating added benefits for members and strengthening the RPA’s position as the industry resource for the adoption of reusables.
In addition to Femal, members of the Executive Committee are: Norm Kukuk, Vice President Marketing & New Product Development, ORBIS Corporation, Vice Chairman; Jack Fillmore, Director of Engineering and New Product Development, Buckhorn, Secretary/Treasurer; Robert Engle, President and Chief Executive Officer of Otto Environmental Systems North America, Immediate Past Chairman; and Jerry Welcome, RPA President and CEO (ex officio).
“This year promises to be exciting and productive for our association as we work to expand reusable packaging’s role in supply chains across the country. Over the past decade, the use of reusables has grown tremendously, and our membership along with it. Now, the association is poised to support our innovative industry with the launch of our Reusable Packaging Forum, increased end-user engagement, and expanded partnerships with trade groups and academic institutions,” said Femal.
2015 Board of Directors
Four new people are joining the RPA Board of Directors in 2015. They are:
- Michael Chiado, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Georg Utz, Inc.
- Chris Bomgaars, Director, Sales & Marketing, CHEP Pallecon Solutions North America
- Nathan Franck, CEO, CABKA North America
- Luis Rivas, Director, Customer Solutions, CHEP North America
“The RPA offers unparalleled opportunities for manufacturers to become educated on the best reusable packaging options available today. It is my goal as a new board member in 2015 to help drive awareness for the association and add a fresh perspective as we strive to offer greater value to all of our members and the reusable packaging industry as a whole,” said Bomgaars.
“It is a great pleasure for me personally to join the board, and for CHEP to continue to be actively involved within the RPA. I am looking forward to the opportunity to work with all the talented people currently in the RPA organization and the stakeholders which the RPA represents and supports,” added Rivas.
Returning members of the Board are:
- Jim Cavezza, Vice President, Material Handling Sales, PendaForm
- Phil Davis, Senior Perishables Supply Chain Manager, The Kroger Company
- Carl Glick, Vice President of Sales, Polymer Logistics
- Cindy Doman, Senior Packaging Engineering, Herman Miller
- Greg Gorski, Vice President Corporate Operations Tosca Ltd.
- Willy Lai, Director of Asset Management, iGPS Logistics LLC
- Dan Lafond, Sales Manager-Supply Chain Solutions Group, Rehrig Pacific Company
- Binayak Mohapatra, Vice President Operations, Schoeller Allibert, USA
- David R. McCulloch, Vice President & Managing Director, PSD, Schaefer Systems International, Inc.
- Rick Sasse, Director of Custom Transport Packaging, TriEnda / Lexington Logistics
- Craig S. Scott, Managing Director – International Sales, Polymer Solutions International Inc.
- Mike Hachtman, President, reLogistics Services
About the RPA
The Reusable Packaging Association is a collaborative effort between manufacturers, poolers, distributors, retailers and educators to promote the environmental, safety, and economic benefits of reusable packaging. The RPA serves as the collective voice of the industry and uses its knowledge of the members’ products and services to advance the adoption of reusable packaging and systems throughout the supply chain. The RPA is focused on promoting the expansion of reusables as the preferred packaging solution across supply chains in all industries. For more information, visit http://www.reusables.org or call (703) 224-8284.
P.O. Box 369
Linden, VA 22642
Phone (540) 631-0773
Web Site: www.reusables.org