Arlington, VA, January 27, 2014 – The Reusable Packaging Association (RPA) announced its 2014 Executive Committee and Board members today. This is the association’s largest board ever and includes members from two end-user companies, The Kroger Company and Herman Miller. The RPA is the leading trade association dedicated to promoting the expansion and value of reusable packaging systems for greater supply chain efficiencies, increased environmental benefits, and reduced costs.
Robert Engle, President and Chief Executive Officer of Otto Environmental Systems North America, will take on a second term as Chairman of the RPA Executive Committee. New members of the Executive Committee are Hillary Femal, Vice President Global Marketing, IFCO Systems, who will be Vice Chairman; and Norm Kukuk, Vice President Marketing & New Product Development, ORBIS Corporation, who is Secretary/Treasurer of the committee. Mike Hachtman, President and CEO of reLogistics Services, LLC, remains as immediate Past Chairman (ex officio), and Jerry Welcome will continue as RPA President and CEO (ex officio).
In 2014, members of the Board and Executive Committee will drive new initiatives to strengthen the Association’s three core objectives: Industry Promotion, Member Engagement and Membership Development, and Information, Data, and Education. Key tactics include strengthening the popular RPA Reusable Packaging Pavilion at PACK EXPO Chicago, placing renewed emphasis on attracting end users to the association, and creating more value for members.
Already, the association has almost sold out its largest ever Reusable Packaging Pavilion for PACK EXPO 2014 in Chicago. And in the first quarter, the RPA will announce its call for entries for its third annual Excellence in Reusable Packaging Award. The award is designed to recognize companies that have developed, supported, or implemented measurable and innovative reusable solutions in a business-to-business supply chain. Non-members as well as members of the RPA are encouraged to enter.
“The RPA has established itself as the cohesive and unified voice of the reusables industry, and continues to gain organizational strength,” said Engle. “Going forward, we will provide even more value for our members, and expand the number of end users participating in the association. We will also develop more learning tools for end users, and new educational programming that leads to greater acceptance and adoption of reusable packaging solutions.”
Members of the 2014 Board of Directors are:
- Jim Cavezza, Vice President, Material Handling Sales, PendaForm
- Jeff Euritt, Senior Vice President, Field Services, PECO Pallet
- Phil Davis, Senior Perishables Supply Chain Manager, The Kroger Company
- Jack Fillmore, Director of Engineering and New Product Development, Buckhorn Inc.
- David Deal, Senior Director of Marketing, CHEP North America
- Carl Glick, Vice President of Sales, Polymer Logistics
- Cindy Doman, Senior Packaging Engineering, Herman Miller
- Greg Gorski, Vice President Corporate Operations Tosca Ltd.
- Willy Lai, Director of Asset Management, iGPS Logistics LLC
- Drew Merrill, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, CHEP – Pallecon Solutions Automotive and Industrial Solutions
- Dan Lafond, Sales Manager-Supply Chain Solutions Group, Rehrig Pacific Company
- Binayak Mohapatra, Vice President Operations, Schoeller Allibert, USA
- David R. McCulloch, Vice President & Managing Director, PSD, Schaefer Systems International, Inc.
- Rick Sasse, Director of Custom Transport Packaging, TriEnda / Lexington Logistics
- Craig S. Scott, Managing Director – International Sales, Polymer Solutions International Inc.
RPA 2014 Committee Chairpersons are:
- Marketing/Communications: Lisa Nikkila, Senior Manager, Marketing, CAPS Container Solutions
- Industry Development: Lane Pence, Director, Retail Supply Chain, CHEP USA
- Membership: Samantha Goetz, Marketing Communications Manager, ORBIS Corporation.
About the RPA
The Reusable Packaging Association is a collaborative effort between manufacturers, poolers, distributors, retailers and educators to promote the environmental, safety, and economic benefits of reusable packaging. The RPA serves as the collective voice of the industry and uses its knowledge of the members’ products and services to advance the adoption of reusable packaging and systems throughout the supply chain. The RPA is focused on promoting the expansion of reusables as the preferred packaging solution across supply chains in all industries. For more information, visit http://www.reusables.org or call (703) 224-8284.
1100 N. Glebe Rd, Suite 1010
Arlington, VA 22201
Phone: 703-224-8284 Fax: 703-243-5612
Web Site: www.reusables.org