Arlington, VA, Sept. 12, 2011 – Five Reusable Packaging Association (RPA) members and leading service providers for the reusable packaging industry will exhibit in the Reusable Packaging Pavilion at this month’s PACK EXPO in Las Vegas. Container and Pooling Solutions (CAPS), ORBIS Corporation, Rehrig Pacific, The Kennedy Group and Fitzmark will display their reusable packaging solutions at the international expo from September 26th to 28th.
The companies are joining providers of other products that support reusable transport packaging within a supply chain. The Reusable Packaging Pavilion will be located on the first floor of the South Building at the Las Vegas Convention Center. For more information on the Pavilion, visit https://reusables.org/pack-expo-las-vegas-2011.
Providers featuring key services in the Pavilion include:
Container and Pooling Solutions (CAPS) is joining the Reusable Packaging Pavilion for the second year, but will co-exhibit for the first time with its sister company, CHEP. The booth will feature pooling services that support the companies’ variety of platforms, all of which are a part of the combined suite of IBC solutions.
ORBIS Corporation offers companies a variety of services to manage and optimize their reusable packaging systems. ORBIS’ on-site or off-site Implementation Services help companies rapidly design and implement reusable packaging programs. Reusable Packaging Management services offer companies container and pallet management, cleaning, repair and asset tracking. Its asset tracking capabilities help companies reduce loss and add visibility within their supply chain. Additionally, ORBIS offers recycling services, where plastic reusable packaging products are recovered, recycled and reprocessed into new products at the end of their service life.
Rehrig Pacific, through its subsidiary Rehrig Penn Logistics, offers customers a wide array of reusable packaging services and solutions including asset management and exchange, reverse logistics and pooling, and recycling and sustainability services.
• Rehrig’s Life Cycle Analyses help suppliers determine the savings achieved by using reusable packaging. In addition, the company’s onsite pallet management services allow customers to concentrate on their core competencies.
• Rehrig’s pooling services offer clients customizable asset management programs for packaging products used every day. Rehrig can manage all types of returnable platforms and containers including pallets, totes or bins at all points in a supply chain from multiple locations. The company recovers, transports, services and facilitates reuse of these assets to help drive down costs.
• Rehrig’s Packaging Asset Recovery Tracking System (PARTS) software provides customers with a real-time snapshot of asset inventories. This capability allows them to effectively manage the return and reuse of assets, resulting in fewer losses and lower overall cost of ownership.
• Rehrig’s asset exchange services allow customers to use the recyclable materials they generate in their supply chains to be credited toward the purchase of Rehrig Pacific’s reusable packaging assets. This program can reduce, or even eliminate, the capital expense associated with packaging purchases.
• Rehrig’s recycling and sustainability services work with customers to capture pallets, shrink wrap, other plastics and hard-to-recycle items at their docks and distribution centers. This material is brought to Rehrig’s service centers where the items get repaired, reused or recycled for disposal cost savings while enhancing corporate sustainability objectives.
The Kennedy Group offers a diverse line of material handling identification and RFID tracking solutions that deliver measurable bottom line benefits to leading companies across an array of industries. Its material handling identification solutions not only create a neat and organized facility, but also increase productivity by virtually eliminating the time spent searching through mislabeled containers, racks, pallets and shelving. Its end-to-end RFID solutions provide visibility into the location of assets across even the most complex supply chains.
Fitzmark, Inc is primarily a freight and logistics manager administering freight needs for a number of industries. One area of specialty is working with companies who own a fleet of returnable assets. Another focus area is on consolidation of LTL freight into large partials, to create freight cost savings for customers and allow them to move their container assets or general smaller freight quantities at lower prices than traditional LTL modes.
About the RPA
The Reusable Packaging Association is a collaborative effort between manufacturers, poolers, distributors, retailers and educators to promote the environmental, safety, and economic benefits of reusable packaging. The RPA serves as the collective voice of the industry and uses its knowledge of the members’ products and services to advance the adoption of reusable packaging and systems throughout the supply chain. The RPA is focused on promoting the expansion of reusables as the preferred packaging solution across supply chains in all industries. For more information, visit http://www.reusables.org or call (703) 224-8284.
Media contact: Jerry Welcome
1100 N. Glebe Rd, Suite 1010
Arlington, VA 22201
Phone: 703-224-8284 Fax: 703-243-5612
Web Site: www.reusables.org